Oral Surgery Patient Information
WHAT DOES AN ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON DO?
- Placement of Dental Implants
- Bone Grafts to Aid Placement of Implants and Restore Lost Bone Structures
- Removal of 3rd Molars (Wisdom Teeth)
- Treatment of Children – Extraction for Orthodontics, Frenectomy Performed by Laser
- Management of Oral Pathology
- Orthognathic Surgery
- TMJ Disorder
WHY DO I NEED AN ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON?
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are the most highly qualified to place dental implants, extract teeth and perform other surgeries that involve oral structures and jaw bones. An oral and maxillofacial surgeon is a dental specialist with hospital-based, residency-based experience, often recommended by your dentist (or other health care professional) to manage the entire mouth and reestablish structures of your teeth. This health and stability is vital to ensure the quality, longevity and aesthetics of your dental services and restorations. Your mouth is more than your center of expression, your instrument of communication and your vehicle of nutrition…it is your health. Oral disease can greatly affect your overall health, so proper attention must be given to your oral condition.
ABOUT OAKLEY ORAL SURGERY
As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Oakley manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Oakley practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery and facial trauma. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort.
our Staff and service
After nearly 25 years in business, Oakley Oral Surgery, takes pride in our technical excellence in oral and maxillofacial surgery as well as the wealth of knowledge we have available. We invest in our patients’ care to provide the smoothest treatment possible. We will review your individual needs, help you set your oral health goals and construct a personal plan that reflects your needs to help you reach your goals.
To better serve you, we offer:
- Dental implants
- All-on-4 (Refresh Smile)
- Implant Coordinator to walk you through the entire implant process
- A registered nurse on staff
- Certified oral and maxillofacial surgical assistants
- Courteous, helpful and CPR certified staff in a friendly atmosphere
- Timely insurance filing and financial options
- General anesthesia, IV sedation and nitrous oxide
- Modern technology (digital scanning, guided surgery and CAT scan)